[ic] Very Simple UserTag - Failed Safe Check

Adrian P Wilkinson junk at puffin.org
Thu Sep 16 16:14:49 EDT 2004

Hi again,

Okay, after taking on the suggestions here (making it so it actually
contains Perl; I didn't notice that the UserTag I was using as an example
used a >>EOF in it where I saw the raw HTML) I've progressed to:

UserTag lease-cost      Routine <<EOR
sub {

  my $a36 = [value item-price]*33.67;
  my $a60 = [value item-price]*22.50;

 return <<EOF;

You could lease this item for only $a36 per month (36 months) or $a60 (60
months) ex. VAT.<br>
EOF

}
EOR

Called from flypage.html:

"[value item-price]" gives an Internal Server Error
"[item-price]" fails the safe check.

The calculation in a36 should take the item-price and multiply by 33.67.
Although I can feel my way around in Perl, I've never had the need to
perform calculations before, but doing "100*33.67" worked fine, so it's only
when I try to get IC data in the calc that it got upset.

Do I have to do do the "my = $Config(->variable)" soft of stuff to get the
data out?  Hints welcome!

Regards, Ade.