[ic] Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink install failed

Patrick Donker list-account at webpagina.nu
Fri Sep 17 08:21:19 EDT 2004

> Grant, did you try anything special with LWP as Jon suggested in an
> earlier message?
>
> The lack of an asterisk next to LWP::UserAgent makes my suspicious.  The
> LWP modules provide a bunch of basic, important WWW stuff.
>
> I'd suggest trying to install that separately, then redo your
> Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink install:
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::LWP'
>
> I recently set up InterchangeKitchenSink on a new server and had
> problems similar to what you're experiencing, and installing LWP
> separately was the key to the problem.  It isn't necessarily the same
> situation for you, but that LWP::UserAgent ought to be there...

I agree with Ethan.
On earlier installations I didn't have a good CPAN/LWP installation and
that caused a lot of headaches. Make sure you have that one working
before attempting to install other modules. This doesn't only apply to
kitchensink, but to all future CPAN adventures you might get into later

-Patrick