[ic] Interchange Freezing Up

Bryan D Gmyrek gmyrek at U.Arizona.EDU
Fri Sep 17 15:53:39 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm having a strange new problem with interchange 5.2.
Basically the site runs for a while and then becomes
unresponsive.  Restarting interchange doesn't help because it
gets to the end of restarting and then claims the server is
already running, which it is.  Only a kill -9 of the old process
and then starting will work.  There is nothing helpful (to me
anyway) in the error logs.

Killing Interchange server 11663 with TERM.
Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet payment module initialized, using Net::SSLeay
High traffic settings.
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V5.2.0
Configuring catalog foo...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:foo...done.
The Interchange server is already running (process id 11663)

Now ps shows two interchange processes.   Kill both and restart
and all is OK for a half hour to hour...

I can't think of what I've done lately except setting RobotLimit
to 60.  I'm going to set it back to 0 but don't know if it has
anything to do with this.

Thanks,
Bryan