[ic] Re: First Timer Problems, yes i have RTFM'ed

Rene Hertell interchange-users at hertell.com
Mon Sep 20 06:07:55 EDT 2004

> > Maybe I missed your reasoning for wanting FreeBSD, but you could also
> > choose Debian as a linux distro. They have a Sparc port.
>
> I have been looking into debian as an alternative. is that more stable
> with ic.

I would say that go for Debian. I run woody (stable), and I use the normal
tarball-installation.

You have to remember that you install the gdbm-packages (I think that it
does not come as standard). If you don't do it, IC uses sdbm instead (not
sure which), and fails to when trying to login to the admin. I guess that
sdbm can't handle certain field types that are used in access.asc...

Regards,

Rene