[ic] question about custom pricing

Mark Little mlittle13 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 20:31:06 EDT 2004

--- "Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.)"
<ic_users at newmediaems.com> wrote:

> At 06:28 PM 9/15/2004, you wrote:
>

> >--- "Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.)"
> ><ic_users at newmediaems.com> wrote:

> post:

> pricing
> > > product/item

> results
> > > list
> pricing
> > > cart,
> not
> > > the

> from

> > > price
> the
> need

> in

> is to
> price_level
> 2,
> > > 3).
> > > contain

> the
> but
> find a

> > > You can use ITL in the CommonAdjust string, so
> try
> > > something like:
> > >
> > > PriceField      0
> > > CommonAdjust    :[scratch aff_price], ;:price,
> ;$,
> > > ==:options
> > >
> > > This presumes that you have first set aff_price
> in a
> > > logical place in the
> > > catalog, such as the catalog page you have
> > > designated for this affiliate in
> > > their 'url' field:
> > >
> > > [set aff_price][data base=affiliate
> > > field=price_level key="@@MV_PAGE@"][/set]
> > > [comment] the above assumes that the affiliate
> page
> > > name matches the key to
> > > their affiliate record
> > > [/comment]
> > > [if scratch aff_price]
> > >          [set aff_price]price_level[scratch
> > > aff_price][/set]
> > > [else]
> > >          [set aff_price]price[/set]
> > > [/else]
> > > [/if]
> > >
> > > If this is the only kind of pricing stuff you
> are
> > > doing, you can comment
> > > out the include for etc/after.cfg
> > >
> > > ### include etc/after.cfg
> > >
> > > ...and just use the PriceField and CommonAdjust
> > > directives in catalog.cfg.
> > >

> >Ed:
> >
> >I have the value for the price_level being set in
> the
> >top section of my main template that is used for
> every
> >page (the variable is called affilPrice). It works
> >fine. I can see that the value is being set correct
> >for price_level and is viewable my results_buylist
> >component, etc.
> >
> >However, using [item-price] in the results_buylist
> >component is bringing up the "base" price, and
> adding
> >an item to the cart results in the same "base"
> price
> >being used. It is not using what I set in the
> [...]

Ed,
I removed the after.cfg reference. Interchange was
restarted. Still not showing up, even though I see the
price_level is being set correctly in the page output.
The [seti] statements that set the price_level are in
my leftright template.

When I put this in a page:
[calc] return $Config->{CommonAdjust}; [/calc]

The return is blank.

Any further advice would be appreciated!
Mark