[ic] Large usertrack file

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Sat Sep 25 17:37:56 EDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, John1 wrote:

> I have noticed that our usertrack file is now 50MB.

Unless you're actually doing something with the usertrack file, you'd be
better off disabling it altogether by commenting out the UserTrack lines
in catalog.cfg.

> Should we be rotating this file?
>
> Will the size of this file start impact performance?

I suppose it will eventually impact performance, but probably isn't
critical at 50 MB yet. But sure, if you're going to keep a log file, it's
always best to rotate it. I think this one you can just rotate with
standard distribution tools such as logrotate, or your own homegrown
rotation script, and Interchange will automatically add new entries to the
new file when the old one disappears.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen