[ic] Image tag

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Tue Sep 28 14:24:29 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I've been playing with the latest "Image" UserTag and hit a problem
which is either a bug or a limitation of the design - I'm not sure which
because I can't make out the code.

If I do:

   [image src="image.jpg" makesize="100x100"]

it correctly creates a directory called "100x100" under the image root
and generates the thumbnail image with the same name as the original.

If I then change the original image and call the tag again, the
thumbnail is not refreshed. But if I delete the thumbnail it regenerates
it correctly.

Is this right or is there something wrong with my setup?

If this is correct then is there any way of forcing the thumbnail to be
overwritten in certain circumstances (e.g. by overloading the "force"
attribute)?

I thought it might be automated by comparing the datestamps on the
original and generated images, but I suppose this would take a lot more
time than simply checking that the generated file already exists.

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254