[ic] Default Country in account.html

Adrian P Wilkinson junk at puffin.org
Thu Sep 30 11:56:07 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I've been staring at the bit of code below for about thirty minutes trying
to work out why it won't do what I want it to, which is to select "UK" as
the default billing country should the user not have something stored to the
contrary on their account (i.e. the user has just registered):

=======================
      <SELECT NAME=b_country onChange="this.form.submit()">
        [loop option=b_country search="
         ra=yes
         se=[default country UK]
         fi=country
         rf=code,name
         ml=1000
         tf=name
        "]
        <OPTION VALUE="[loop-code]"> [loop-data country name]
        [/loop]
      </SELECT>

It prints all the options just fine but instead of defaulting to "United
Kingdom" (UK) for new accounts, it's defaulting to Afghanistan (AF) which is
less than optimal.  It's nothing stupid, stupid problem that's I'm unable to
move beyond because I've been working on this particular store for such a
long time and are just trying to get all the teeny-tiny details fine-tuned.

Regards, Ade.