[ic] Jobs stopped working

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 21:39:42 EDT 2004

> > > Joachim
> >
> > I'm sure I'm issuing the right command and my Jobs directives are
> > definitely correct.  I haven't changed either of those and this was
> > working perfectly early yesterday.  I'm thinking the problem must be
> > something more insidious.  Maybe permissions somewhere?
> >
> > Can anyone point me toward the source file pertaining to jobs?  Any
> > brainstorms at all would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Grant,
>
> try out to find any more hints or informations. For example. Add code
> like
>
> Log ("start jobs");
>
> at the begin of your runjob file. If this is missing in your error.log,
> the job was called or started. Is this the case?
>
> Yes or no?
>
> Make a little working test job and replace the current job with the test
> job and test it. What is the result?
>

> Regards,
>
> Joachim

I fixed this by changing the owner of /usr/local/interchange/etc/jobs
and /usr/local/interchange/etc/jobsqueue to interch from root.
Sometimes the jobsqueue file is still regenerating with root as the
owner and I don't know why.  I'd like to know how to get that under
control if anyone has any ideas.

- Grant