[ic] Rewriting URLs for SEO purposes - help!

Cameron G ritontor at icenet.com.au
Mon Apr 11 06:59:57 EDT 2005

Yeah, I got those examples, but in all honesty, I didn't really understand
it, and I kinda just decided to try URL rewrites instead. What I wanted to
do was:

ActionMap productname sub { $CGI->{mv_nextpage} =
"scan/st=db/co=yes/sf=prod_group/se=productname" }

Although I doubt that's even close to making sense. An actionmap isn't a url
rewrite. If I were to make this work in the manner that I would like,
meaning, all the user sees, in both the link they click on and in the url:

http://www.store.com/product/

Or

http://www.store.com/store/product.htm

Then I'm going to have to create an actionmap that effectively echoes what
the scan actionmap does, aren't i? I think that's part of the conclusion I
reached earlier, hence why I was trying url rewrites.

Regards,

Cameron