[ic] postcode field in state database

Jeff Fearn jefffearn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 00:24:46 EDT 2005

On 4/13/05, Mike Heins <mike at perusion.com> wrote:

> We try to discourage people from hacking on the core, since there is
> almost always a way to add these types of features without doing
> it. Hacking the core makes upgrades a nightmare, and I bet there
> are a lot of people running 4.9.x for just such a reason. I
> developed catalogs for 4.9.x and when 5.x versions come out, I just
> upgrade over the top and it is almost always trouble-free.

Just to change tack for a minute, say I wanted to add some
functionality to the cancel order process, such as generating an X12
EDI 998 document to cancel a warehouse shipping order generated during
the ordering process. How would I do that without hacking the
update_order_status tag?

Also, I just noticed that cancelling an order does not return the
items ordered to the inventory, is this a bug or a config problem at
my end? I'll check it out, but I was bugging you already ;)

Thanks, Jeff.