[ic] Lots of questions

Jon prtyof5 at attglobal.net
Sat Apr 16 01:20:14 EDT 2005

> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a project where I have 2 cat groups.. Clocks and Watches..
>
> Now I want to know if there can be two identical skus, but different product
> groups, also if the sku can be an alphanumeric field.

   I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong otherwise I'd say no you can
duplicate SKUs because it is the SKU that is passed to the flypage and I
believe in that scenario IC works from the bottom up.  Begins with the SKU
and works it way up the product definition hierarchy.

> Now I have customize an input for the Clocks in the Admin section and I was
> wondering if I can do another customization for the watches, but have only
> the clock customization come up for the clocks when they are being entered,
> and the watches input screen come up for watches... now on that note, on the
> result.htm page, can I have one set of output for the clocks and a different
> one for the watches in terms of how some of the items are layout?

       Yes you can. Search the archives for coordinated search. You
may have to create your own results.html by tweaking the stock one
and set the mv_profile (mp=my_format.html) value.

Jon