[ic] SOAP access to Interchange

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Apr 18 09:41:18 EDT 2005

Quoting Chris Sendall (cjs2 at admin.cam.ac.uk):
> Hi
>
> my $cat = 'foundcscp';
> my $Tag = SOAP::Lite
>             -> uri('http://milton.internal.admin.cam.ac.uk/Vend/SOAP')
>             -> proxy("http://milton.internal.admin.cam.ac.uk:7780/$cat")
>
> When I have interchange.cfg containing
>
> Catalog       foundcscp /var/lib/interchange/foundcscp /cgi-bin/foundcscp
> /foundcscp
> Catalog       tutcscp  /var/lib/interchange/tutcscp /cgi-bin/tutcscp
>
> My debug line ::logDebug("variable FILE_NAME=$::Variable->{FILE_NAME}");
> gives Vend::UserDB:debug: variable FILE_NAME=tutcscp/catalog.cfg
> which is wrong
>
> BUT
> Catalog       foundcscp /var/lib/interchange/foundcscp /cgi-bin/foundcscp
> /foundcscp
> #Catalog       tutcscp  /var/lib/interchange/tutcscp /cgi-bin/tutcscp
>
> My debug line ::logDebug("variable FILE_NAME=$::Variable->{FILE_NAME}");
> gives  Vend::UserDB:debug: variable FILE_NAME=foundcscp/catalog.cfg
> which is right
>
> Any ideas please?

I am afraid I don't understand the proxy call. But what you need to do
is know what call is coming in to the Vend::Server::http_soap() routine.
Uncomment some of the debug statements in that routine and you should be
able to figure out what is going on.

--
Mike Heins

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown