[ic] SOAP access to Interchange

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Mon Apr 18 12:33:21 EDT 2005

Quoting Chris Sendall (cjs2 at admin.cam.ac.uk):
> interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org wrote:
> >> My debug line ::logDebug("variable
> >> FILE_NAME=$::Variable->{FILE_NAME}"); gives  Vend::UserDB:debug:
> >> variable FILE_NAME=foundcscp/catalog.cfg which is right
> >>
> >> Any ideas please?
> >
> > I am afraid I don't understand the proxy call. But what you need to do
> > is know what call is coming in to the Vend::Server::http_soap()
> > routine.
> > Uncomment some of the debug statements in that routine and you should
> > be
> > able to figure out what is going on.
>
> Looking at output from Vend::Server, it finds the correct catalo
>
> Vend::Server:debug: catname is /foundcscp
> Vend::Server:debug: found catalog /foundcscp
>
> calls Vend::SOAP:debug: SOAP autoload called, routine=Vend::SOAP::userdb, args=[
>   'Vend::SOAP',
>   {
>     'password' => 'cjs2',
>     'function' => 'login',
>     'username' => 'cjs2'
>   }
> ]
>
> but on entry to Vend::SOAP::userdb has set the $::Variable hash from the wrong
> file, which suggests to me that the hash for alias's built up during the reading
> Catalog lines in interchange.cfg is not cleared between Catalog lines

It doesn't set it from a file at that time, it just copies the reference
to the appropriate catalog configuration from $Global::Selector{$catname}
to $Vend::Cfg.

Try changing the Catalog line to (last part may not be correct cause you have
one of those &##U#*&@~! mailers which wraps everything willy-nilly):

    Catalog  foundcscp /var/lib/interchange/foundcscp /foundcsp /cgi-bin/foundcsp

The alias hash is good from my view of it -- at least in the current version,
which I assume you are using.

--
Mike Heins

How far can you open your mind before your brains fall out?