[ic] Calling my version of UserDB module

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Mon Apr 25 12:27:11 EDT 2005

Tim Good [tim.g at edsd.com] wrote:
> I have made some changes to the UserDB module.
> rather than having to adjust all catalogs, I
> copied the Vend/UserDB to Vend/UserDBC and created
> UserTags/userdbc.tag as follows:
> UserTag userdbc              Order        function
> UserTag userdbc              addAttr
> UserTag userdbc              attrAlias    table db
> UserTag userdbc              attrAlias    name nickname
> UserTag userdbc              PosNumber    1
> UserTag userdbc              Version      $Revision: 1.3 $
> UserTag userdbc              MapRoutine
> Vend::UserDBC::userdb
>
> When I call the tag in a page:
> "[set name=done int][userdbc function=logout clear=1][/set]" I get the
> folling error.
>
> new_account.html Runtime error: Undefined subroutine
> &Vend::UserDBC::userdb called at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Parse.pm line 795.
>
> Can someone point out what I am missing?

Did you change the line that reads "package Vend::UserDB" in your
custom module?

Also, why did you feel the need to create your own UserDB module?
If you post your patches here then either (1) a different method
could be suggested that will so the same thing or (2) the patches
might make it into Interchange 5.3, so you can use the standard module
when you next upgrade.  Well, there's a (3) where we agree that you
need to be using your own module, but that's rare.

You should be aware that there are several core modules which specifically
use Vend::UserDB.  This might cause you some grief in the future,
depending upon the changes you made and the extent to which your module
differs from the original.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz