[ic] Action Map - basics?

Ton Verhagen tverhagen at alamerce.nl
Wed Aug 3 03:19:48 EDT 2005

Quoting Simon <music at labyrinth.net.au> :
>[snip]
>I am hoping to be able to display news items using URLs as follows:
>
>www.domain.com/storename/news/Hammers
>or
>www.domain.com/storename/news/Nails
>
>My ActionMap (added to catalog.cfg) looks like:
>
>ActionMap  news  <<EOR
>sub {
>        my ($action, $category) = split ('/', shift);
>        $CGI->{mv_todo} ='search';
>        $CGI->{mv_nextpage} = 'resultsnews';
>        $CGI->{mv_search_file} = 'News';
>        $CGI->{mv_searchtype} = 'db';
>        $CGI->{mv_coordinate} = 'yes';
>        $CGI->{mv_return_fields} = 'code';
>        $CGI->{mv_matchlimit} = '10';
>        $CGI->{mv_sort_field} = 'category';
>        $CGI->{mv_sort_option} = 'f,n';
>        $CGI->{mv_search_field} = 'category';
>        $CGI->{mv_searchspec} = "$category";
>        $CGI->{banner_text} = "$category";
>        $Tag->update('process');
>        return 1;
>}
>EOR
>
>I am stuck trying to get anything to show up in the resultsnews page.
>
>Can someone please advise what loop or list code I need to add to
>the resultsnews.html page to pull in the news items for selected
>categories and the correct tag to pull in data from the news table fields?

I have implemented similar but more complex things as you
described above. For this I simply use a [search-list] construct
and [item-param ...] tags on the results pages.

What ITL are you using on your  resultsnews page?

Have a look at mv_return_fields also...

Best regards,

Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness
Phone +31-40-2374381    info at alamerce.nl    http://www.alamerce.nl

eCommerce Solutions -- Consulting -- Website & Interchange Hosting