[ic] table-editor: showing more than one field as label in select widget?

Jure Kodzoman kodzoman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 05:32:56 EDT 2005

Hy list,

I have a question regarding table editor. What I would like to do is
to have a dropdown list, where labels would be made from more than one
field.

For example, I have a "person" table: code, name, last-name

In mv_metadata, if I have a field "owner" in table "houses", i have
the following:

code:    houses::owner
type:      select
field:      code,name
db:         person
lookup: code

What I would like to do is show multiple fields in dropdown list, sth. like

label: "name last-name"
lookup by code.

Can someone please tell me, what would be the easiest way to pull that off?

p.s. I was thinking perhaps some kind of query would be possible?

Thank you in advance,
Jure Kodzoman