[ic] Menu editor problem with categories & subcategories having multiple identical values

Smej Worth smejworth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 04:47:59 EDT 2005

Hi list,
I've searched the archives for a solution for this issue but found
nothing that helps with the latest versions of interchange.

I'm using comb_category to have multiple subcategories of products.

Say I have the following prod_group's and categories in my products table:

DVD
	sony
	panasonic
	samsung

VCR
	sony
	panasonic
	sharp
	toshiba

CD
	sony
	panasonic
	sharp
	toshiba
	phillips

I then use the menu loader to create the menu. The resulting menu
looks like this:

DVD
	sony
	panasonic
	samsung

VCR
	sharp
	toshiba

CD
	phillips

'sony' & 'panasonic' get lost in the VCR categories. Everything but
'phillips' gets lost from the CD category.

It seems the menu loader assumes all categories and subcategories will
have unique names. If it comes across a subcategory name its seen
before it drops it.

How do I get the menu loader to include ALL categories & sub categories?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
Daniel Degotardi