[ic] catalog tmp files - periodically purging these files

John1 list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 07:26:23 EDT 2005

I was doing some housekeeping the other day and decided to delete the
temporary files in the catalog/my_catalog/tmp directory.

To my surprise it freed up about 2GB of disk space!

As far as I am aware, all of these files were no bigger than about 4K, so
2GB makes for a lot of temporary files!

So I guess Interchange never trims the contents of this tmp directory.
Should it be?  Can I safely do this through a cron job, and if so any
suggestions on a criteria for the trimming, or better still an example
script?

BTW, what are all these files - from looking at the contents in a text
editor it looks like they have  something to do with the Interchange search
(i.e. Scan) routine?

Please can anyone cast any light on this for me.  Thanks