[ic] LockoutCommand

Dan Bergan danb at berganconsulting.com
Tue Aug 30 15:41:50 EDT 2005

My interchange server just got slammed by a spambot.  I've had this
happen a handful of times, so I think I need to implement the
LockoutCommand.  I've seen a few threads about locking out bad bots, but
I haven't seen any discussion about the actual command used.

The documentation gives a couple examples:
ipfwadm -I -i deny -S %s

or

perl -0777 -npi -e 's/deny/deny from %s\ndeny/' /home/me/cgi-bin/.htaccess

Can anyone give me some suggestions from recent experience as to what is
the best lockout command to use?  Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
Dan Bergan