[ic] mod_interchange and Apache MaxClients

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Thu Dec 1 16:18:30 EST 2005

[mailto:interchange-users-
> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of Ron Phipps
> Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:24 AM
>
> We were visited this morning again by this worm and my script noticed
> the site was not responding so IC was restarted.  It's definitely
> something in this worm that is causing Apache/mod_interchange/ic to
hang
> up.  I'm setting up a test domain today with the cgi-bin access
method,
> I'll modify my script to then check this test domain when it notices
the
> main domain is not responding to see if IC can still serve pages
> properly.  This will then narrow it down whether it's an issue with IC
> or Apache/mod_interchange.
>
> Thanks,
> -Ron

I have setup a test domain and catalog which connects to the live IC
server.  On this test site I have a page containing: "CGI UP".  When my
script notices that the main site is not responding it will then try to
hit the test site using the tlink cgi and will check for the result of
"CGI UP".  This will tell us whether or not IC can be accessed via the
CGI method when it cannot be access via mod_interchange.

Our site was brought down for a 2nd time this morning by another worm
trying to access exploits in awstats and xml-rpc.

Thanks,
-Ron