[ic] Profile in table editor

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Fri Dec 2 07:17:36 EST 2005

Hello,

for the course editor of a training database project I need to impose several restrictions
on user's input. This works so far by setting ui_profile in metadata, although there is
a problem with new courses (equivalent with products in the standard demo).

Because the item editor uses tabbed display indication of wrong input by coloring and adding
an error message to a row isn't enough. I would like to display a error summary like on
the checkout page.

There is already an area in lib/UI/pages/include/templates/ui_type1 to display warnings
and errors:

	  [if warnings]
				  [warnings]
			  [/if]

			  [if errors]

				[error show_var=1 all=1 show_error=1 joiner="<br>"]
			  [/if]

Unfortunately the error summary shows up neither in my catalog nor in the online demo.

Suggestions are welcome.

Bye
	Racke