[ic] Add record to table when order is placed

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Thu Dec 8 14:13:27 EST 2005

I've created a table named order_info to store information about orders
beyond what's given in the transactions table. This is information that
customers won't see such as which employee processed the order and so forth.

When an order is placed, I'd like IC to automatically add a record to
this order_info table with the same order_number as the corresponding
entry of the transactions table. Is there an easy way to do this such as
editing a route or maybe running an IC job every few minutes?

I guess I could just add these fields to the transactions table instead
of using a separate table - maybe that's a better way to go. Does anyone
have thoughts or advice? The catalog uses IC 5.2 and mysql.

DB