[ic] Add record to table when order is placed

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Thu Dec 8 16:50:40 EST 2005

> DB wrote:
>> I've created a table named order_info to store information about orders
>> beyond what's given in the transactions table. This is information that
>> customers won't see such as which employee processed the order and so forth.
>>
>> When an order is placed, I'd like IC to automatically add a record to
>> this order_info table with the same order_number as the corresponding
>> entry of the transactions table. Is there an easy way to do this such as
>> editing a route or maybe running an IC job every few minutes?
>>
>> I guess I could just add these fields to the transactions table instead
>> of using a separate table - maybe that's a better way to go. Does anyone
>> have thoughts or advice? The catalog uses IC 5.2 and mysql.
>
> You can edit etc/log_transaction either with additional fields for
> transactions or an extraneous [import] for order_info.
>
> Bye
> 	Racke

Aha - that sounds exactly like what I want. My order_info table uses the
field named order_number as the key column. I just want IC to create the
record with data only in the key column  (all other columns empty). Is
this what I'd add to ...etc/log_transaction

[import table=order_info]
code: [value mv_order_number]
[/import]

or would it be

[import table=order_info]
order_number: [value mv_order_number]
[/import]

the table exists and appears in the IC admin area but the records don't
seem to be getting inserted.

DB