[ic] template_page

David dave at whatsthebigidea.com
Fri Dec 23 11:25:33 EST 2005

FreeBSD 4.8
IC 5.2
MySQL

Hello all,

I've used the capability to use a custom item template before without a
hitch though it doesn't seem to be working in a recently installed catalog.
As with previous installed catalogs, I'm trying to use the 'PageSelectField
template_page' capability in the item table to substitute a custom page
instead of the default flypage.html for several items. I've added the
template_page field to the table display:products UI and then specified
'aboutus' page (or whatevercustomflypage.html page) in the field. I applied
changes and even restarted IC (though it shouldn't be necessary). Though
when the item/product is clicked it still returns the default flypage.html.

Maybe I'm missing something though I think I've covered all the bases. I
looked at IC error.log and there is no indication of errors.

Any help would be appreciated. BTW, of course I Googled terms like
"different page item interchange", "item flypage template interchange" and
"item template_page" though no topics seemed to address a similar problem.

Thanks,

David Radovanovic
WhatsTheBigIdea.com, Inc.
100 Dock Street