[ic] mod_interchange and Apache MaxClients

John1 list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 28 08:55:52 EST 2005

On Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:12 AM, rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
wrote:

> I think we've found it occurs regardless of IC/mod_interchange/apache
> version.  At least in my case I've tried different versions of Apache
> and mod_interchange and have seen posts from people using different
> versions of IC (we are on modified version of 4.8.x).  It'll be
> interesting to see if we have this same problem when we move to the
> latest and greatest.

I think I have uncovered the reason for the problem.  I have managed to
write a script that emulates the worm's POST requests.

The script will consistently crash our site (and presumably many other
Interchange sites), so I thought it was best to send it to Kevin off list
rather than post details of the script to the mailing list.

Ron/Jeff - If you wish, I can forward you a copy of the script and details
of the issue.

BTW Ron, thanks for the suggestion of adding /xmlrpc.php to
DropRequestList - this actually led to me uncovering the problem.  Adding
/xmlrpc.php to Drop RequestList does also stop our site falling over, but as
you say it is masking the underlying problem.