[ic] ELF/ELF2 Logs?

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Tue Feb 1 09:23:26 EST 2005

On Feb 1, 2005, at 8:13 AM, William Carr wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2005, at 11:30 PM, Jeromie Clark wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys -
>>
>> I'd like to start using some analytics applications like Urchin 5 on
>> my Interchange store, but they're looking for ELF/ELF2 logs.
>>
>> I haven't seen anything in the mailing lists or documentation
>> regarding ELF/ELF2, and was just wondering if anyone was using one of
>> the more modern analytics tools, or had developed a module for
>> generating ELF logs.  If there's not support yet, and there's
>> interest, it might be something I can build to give a little back to
>> the community -- I just don't want to go reinventing the wheel.
>>
> We have been using Urchin since version 3 with Interchange.
>
> We are using this configuration to support multiple catalogs running
> on multiple live web servers in an LVS environment. Hence, the
> variables DOMAIN, HOST_NAME, WI_ITEM_TITLE. Adjust to suit your needs.

Bill, yours seems like a good implementation, but thought I'd share
mine too. In etc/receipt.html, I put:

[comment] urchin log [/comment]
[log file=logs/urchin.txt type=text hide=1 interpolate=1]
![value mv_order_number]	[data session host]	[time][%d/%b/%Y:%T
%z][/time]	shopalert	[data session id]	[total-cost
noformat=1]	[salestax noformat=1]	[shipping noformat=1]	[if value
b_city][value b_city]	[value b_state]	[value b_zip]	[value
b_country][else][value city]	[value state]	[value zip]	[value
country][/else][/if]	[data session browser]	-
[item-list][value mv_order_number]	[data session
host]	[time][%d/%b/%Y:%T %z][/time]	[item-data products
SKUID]	[item-data products FullDescription]	[if-item-data products
Color][item-data products Color] [item-data products Size1] [item-data
products Size2][else]-[/else][/if-item-data]	[item-discount-price
noformat=1]	[item-quantity]	-	[data session browser]	-
[/item-list]
[/log]

(We've got some custom fields in there.) The different values need tabs
between them, per Urchin Help specs. In my case, logs/urchin.txt is a
symlink to the Apache logs dir for this website. Urchin processes the
log from there, as the ownership is correct.

--
Josh Lavin
Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/