[ic] submit an order without having a form submitted

Ethan Rowe ethan at endpoint.com
Tue Feb 1 16:11:24 EST 2005

Tom Hodder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a catalog that uses paypal for CC processing, and currently
> paypal calls an interchange page once processing has been completed,
> and provides the session_id so the users checkout is recreated once
> the user is passed back to the site.
>
> Basically the user is presented with a final form with a submit button
> on it, which they click and the order is submitted.
>
> However I would like to have that page simply submit the order and
> bounce the user to the receipt page, I've tried such things as calling
> a profile using [run-profile profilename], with a profile with a
> &final=yes in it, and trying to create a url for a bounce, like
> [bounce href="[area checkout_final]"],  that would submit the order,
> but to no avail.
>
> but neither of these have had much sucess. Is there a simpler way to
> do this that I have missed?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom H

I think you're on the right track with [bounce href="[area
checkout_final]"].  However, you need to pass a few CGI variables to get
Interchange to enter the order routes for posting the order.  Therefore,
use the form=|...| argument of the [area] tag and provide all the CGI
variables that you would ordinarily submit via form to place the order.

Of particularly importance would be mv_todo=submit.

Furthermore, you should have it go to the process actionmap, which will
handle the order placement when mv_todo=submit is present.  Thus:
[area href=process form=|
mv_todo=submit
mv_order_profile=your_order_profile

--