[ic] ITL in item comments.

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Feb 9 02:25:37 EST 2005

I want the data entry people to be able to link to interchange pages
with the page and area tags inside item comments.  I already changed the
code in the flypage to interpolate the comments by replacing [item-field
comment] with [field name=comment code="[item-code]" interpolate=1].
Now I can put ITL in the comments and it works, but the data entry
people can't reason being (afaict) that I'm a superuser and they're not.
  When they edit an item with ITL in the comment it ends up converting
the opening [ to an HTML entity.

So my questions are:

1.  Is there a permission that I can give them that will allow them to
edit items with ITL in the comment?

2.  If not, is there a preference I can change somewhere or something I
can edit that will allow anyone to use ITL when updating the products
table or anything I can do that will allow them to edit items with ITL
in the comment without having it mangle the ITL?

3.  I doubt it, but will ask anyways:  Is there a way to limit them so
they can only use the page and area tags?

TIA,

Peter