[ic] iCal integration into interchange?

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Wed Feb 9 07:41:10 EST 2005

On Feb 9, 2005, at 6:04 AM, Davor Ocelic wrote:

>> The calendar has a nice feature that can upload/sync calendars in iCal
>> format via webdav. What came into my mind is that with this
>> calendar-app
>> users could manage event-calendars,  press-releases, news etc without
>> having to mess with html-forms etc. IC could have a plugin that
>> updates
>> the  *.cal file when a update is made via the admin-ui..
>>
>> Is this something to look into, or is it just a waste of time? What do
>> you people think about this?
>
> Excellent idea, I was thinking about this for a long time; but I would
> not have an immediate use for it at the moment, so I never really got
> around to it.

If you are trying to find a way to post and update info without getting
into the admin-ui, I think you might want to take a look at XML-RPC.
That was one of the things on the planning sheet for IC-5.0, as I
recall from the RTFM doc.

Users use apps like w.bloggar to post to their blogs without logging
onto the blog website. These remote apps use an XML-RPC interface to
talk to the blog software.

--
Josh Lavin
Kingdom Design   http://www.kingdomdesign.com/