[ic] 3 decimal places with discount tag

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Thu Feb 10 14:23:53 EST 2005

> From: interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-
> bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of Joshua Lavin
>
> On Jan 31, 2005, at 2:10 PM, Joshua Lavin wrote:
>
> > I have an issue with a customer's order that had a 15% discount on
all
> > items. One of the items showed after the discount as $12.32, but if
> > look at "Edit Order" in the UI, it shows 12.325.
> >
> > This extra decimal place carried over to the total (though not
visible
> > to the customer), which caused the credit card charge to round their
> > total up a penny, contrary to what IC told them it would be.
>
> I further researched this issue, and found that more than two decimal
> places in transactions.total_cost only occured when an order was
> discounted.
>
> If the third decimal place is 5 or greater, the customer will be
> charged an extra penny than what IC has shown them on their receipt.
>
> Should this be solved with some kind of price formatting, or is this
in
> fact a bug in the discount and/or subtotal tag?

Hello Josh,

We are seeing this on one of our live sites right now as well. I'm
trying to reproduce it on our development site to see where the issue
lies.  It seems like it would be an issue with the discount tag, since
the discount tag is returning non currency numbers.  By the site that
has this issue is running IC 4.8.x.

Thanks,
-Ron