[ic] Quick Questions

Marty Tennison marty at sediva.com
Thu Feb 17 10:59:21 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 09:28 -0500, daniel castro wrote:
> Hey list,
> I need to know if IC is capable of some things:
> In the checkout, can I send a post to a diffrent server, and then in order
> to really  submit the info get a reply from the same server in a post, then
> IC can process the order.

Yes, Interchange has this built in by default.  Search for
profiles.order, routes on the IC list or look in your
IC_ROOT/lib/Vend/Payment directory and have a look at those files.

> What I want to do, is to send the user info to the bank in order to know if
> it is valid.

(see above)

> How can I change the tracking number system in order to use a diffrent
> carrier?

Search for shipping.asc on the list.  Read the shipping cost section of
the manual.
( http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/rtfm_icdatabase.html )

> How can I have a discount depending on the payment method?

Search the docs for the [discount] tag.  This is not built into IC but
you can do it.  One possibility is to use a multi page checkout, or at
least ask them what type of payment they intend to use at some point
before the final checkout screen.  Once you have that info you can
decide what discount to use (whatever calculations you choose) and then
apply the discount using the discount tag. Something like...

[if value mv_payment =~ /check/]
  [discount ENTIRE_ORDER]$s * .95[/discount]
[elsif value mv_payment =~ /cash/]
  [discount ENTIRE_ORDER]$s * .9[/discount]
[/elsif]
[/if]

That's just one way to do it, and probably not the most efficient.

> In my store I have variussuppliers, but I want them to upload only their
> products, and they shouldnt have access to others suppliers products, I mean
> to have a access to the products table, but only seeing their own products.

I'm not sure if IC has this built in.  If you setup a separate store for
each supplier, then no problem, each merchant can have their own
products table.  (search for "mall" in the archives)  If you are using a
single storefront with multiple suppliers all using the same products
table then I think you'd have to hack the backend to limit them from
seeing certain rows in that table.  Something like adding a field to the
products table like "supplier_id" and then populate it with their unique
supplier ID.  Then, make sure the select does a 'where supplier_id =
"[value supplier_Id]"' sort of thing.

You might try searching for "affiliate" in the archives, it might do
what you want.

> And last, I need when ever someone buys something, to send a e-mail to the
> buyer the admin, and the supplier, how can I do that?

Easy, IC has it built it by default.  Search for "routes" in the
archives and look at your catalog.cfg file.

Overall, spend some time reading the docs, most of what you want to do
is already built into IC.

--
Marty Tennison                     The Sediva Company
email: marty at sediva.com
web: www.sediva.com
phone: +1-866-473-3482
fax: +1-866-686-6719