[ic] ITL in item comments.

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Feb 20 08:06:51 EST 2005

On 02/09/05 21:19, Peter wrote:
> Can someone answer my first question about how to prevent the UI from
> converting [ into [ for non-superusers?  As long as the UI is doing
> that they can't use the page or area tags regardless of what else I do,
> nor can they even edit items that I put the page or area tags in (as
> superuser).

This is actually ver important, so if someone has any kind of an answer
please let me know.  This is what I've looked at so far:

I've checked the source and found that there's a few ways that this can
happen:

The textarea_put filter does it.

The ed sub does it unless the safe_data pragma is set.

the show_tags sub does it if type=interchange is set (or if type is not
set at all).

the value-extended tag does it unless the enable_itl option is set.

the value tag always does it.

The thing is that none of the above seem to check for superuser first,
so I'm figuring that the check for superuser is somewhere else, then one
of the above is done conditionally.

So I've grepped in key areas for 'super' and for other key words, and
could not find anything that looks like it could be causing this
anywhere.  I've tried setting [pragma safe_data] in item_edit.html and
that doesn't work either.  I've tried following the code from
item_edit.html to the table-editor tag to wherever I could think to go
and nothing.

I'm at my wits end here, can someone please give me a clue about where
to look and what to do to prevent the UI from changing [ into [ in
item comments for non-superusers?

Thanks in Advance,

Peter