[ic] Download function (not downloading)

Martin Abell abellmt at spsp.net
Sat Feb 26 17:27:47 EST 2005

I'm hoping that someone experienced in setting up downloadable products
will think of something I might be missing.

A customer wants to have downloadable audio (mp3) segments
(self-improvement talks) available for purchase.  It seems to work fine
on my demo catalog.  On the customer's catalog, all appears to be fine
until you get to the receipt page and click the download button.  The
log says "Not authorized for mp3001, 403".  (Both catalogs in the same
environment, Interchange 4.8.1. The download folders exist and have the
files and right permissions, and the products databases have the
download flag set and the dl_location and dl_type populated.)

So I modified the deliver.html page to show the [session username] in
the error log, and then to use the session username to retrieve the
file_acl field from the userdb.  Then I get: "Not authorized for
mp3001, User = mta, {'mp3001' => "1109951657",'SXW002' =>
"1094244702",} 403".  Since "mta" is the correct user, and "mp3001" is
the correct sku, and the unix time is in the future, I don't know why
the authorization doesn't go through.  (The other sku is a relic of
earlier testing.)  I even compared the file_acl field contents for the
two catalogs using hexadecimal to make sure no funny characters sneeked
in.  Seems OK.

Any thoughts where to go next?

Martin Abell
SpeedSpan.