[ic] Problem with admin UI images

Zambra michael at zambra.com
Sun Feb 27 16:32:46 EST 2005

Sorry for bothering with this problem, that has been written about so often.
I have read a lot of list messages, but I am unable to find the solution.

1. I have installed Interchange from the source under Red Hat Linux 9. I'm
working with Apache 1.3.39 (I think) and MySQL (latest release). This is a
test environment.
2. I have installed Interchange (and depending scripts) without any problem.
3. Both the storefront and the UI work perfectly.
4. Only problem is that the images in the UI are broken.
5. The images are under /www/interchange-5
6. The path specified for UI_IMAGE_DIR and UI_IMAGE_DIR_SECURE is
"interchange-5/".
7. I have tried the previous and many other configurations, like
"/interchange-5/", "/interchange-5". None works.
I get the following src path pattern for the broken images:

http://MYDOMAIN/cgi-bin/mc5/admin/interchange-5/en_US/icon_config.gif

8. The funny thing is that when I leave "UI_IMAGE_DIR" and
"UI_IMAGE_DIR_SECURE" as "/" I get this kind of pattern:

http://MYDOMAIN/en_US/icon_config.gif

9. I have tried with "variable.txt", too. I guess this is being updated when
I apply the changes from the UI anyway.

How can I get the images to be shown?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,