[ic] Jobs - not being processed

Jeff Fearn jefffearn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 00:03:27 EST 2005

Hi, I am trying to get interchange to run a Job. I have it so a job is
placed in the jobsqueue file, however the job is not run and is never
cleared from the jobsqueue file. There are no errors in any of the
logs.

I do get this error when trying to run the job from the command line:

-------snip----
-bash-2.05b$ /usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange --runjobs=foundation=edi
The previous Interchange server was not running and probably
terminated with an error.
Dispatching jobs=edi for cat foundation to Interchange server 0 with HUP.
Hangup
-------snip----

The server IS running though.

Here is the config from catalog.cfg:

Jobs base_directory etc/jobs
Jobs log logs/cron.log
Jobs email JeffFearn at gmail.com

edi is a directory within /var/lib/interchange/foundation/etc/jobs and
contains the file update_edi, which logs the start/finish of the job
and uses a custom tag to update the orders.

cron.log is never created.

interchange is being run by the interch user and owns all the files,
besides this problem the store is running fine.

I am running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3 (Taroon Update 3).

Basically I am setiing up Interchange to create EDI 940 "ship order"
files, which is working fine, and then processing the EDI 945 "Ship
Confirm" responses from the warehouse, which needs to be started by an
outside process.

It seems to me that IC is not running it's housekeeping routine. I
have not been able to verify this though.

I added this to the top of Server.pm, it is not been printed in any log:

::logError("housekeeping interval=$interval now=$now last=$Last_housekeeping");

Thanks, Jeff