[ic] Difficulties grabbing sql data within perl tags.

Cameron G ritontor at icenet.com.au
Wed Jan 5 04:14:41 EST 2005

I'm positive I'm missing something terribly obvious here, but right now I'm
stumped. All I'm trying to do is hack the Detailed reports page to display a
list of the item descriptions that were purchased - seemingly a simple task,
merely a query that says "select description from orderline where
order_number = 'the order number'".

So far, I've tried this:

[perl tables="store orderline"]
        return <<EOF unless $Tmp->{main};
        <TR class=rnorm>
        <TD VALIGN=top>
        <H2>Bad query specified, caused error.</H2>
        </TD>
EOF
        $out = '';
        foreach $line (@{$Tmp->{main}}) {
                $total_sales    += $line->{total_cost};
                $amount = sprintf '%.2f', $line->{total_cost};
            $line->{status} = $Tag->loc('', $line->{status});
                $url = $Tag->area('affiliate/order_view',
$line->{order_number});
        	    my $ordersql = "select * from orderline where
order_number = '$line->{order_number}'";   	****** Here are the two
lines
        	    my $results = $Tag->query( { sql => $ordersql, } );
******
                $out .= <<EOF;

And so on till the end of the code. The problem is, I'm getting this in the
error logs:

Safe: no access for database products at
/usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Data.pm line 1064.

Even though I'm quite clearly not accessing the products table (even
grepping for "products" on the whole document turns up nothing, it's simply
not there). Adding "products" to the perl tag causes this error:

Query rerouted from table products failed: Can't locate object method "new"
via package "SQL::Parser" (perhaps you for
got to load "SQL::Parser"?) at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Scan.pm line
592.

And this is where I'm stuck. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the right thing here,
and I've tried various quoting schemes around the order number too, all to
no avail. Can anyone see where I've gone wrong?