[ic] Remote TCP Connections Fail

Sam Batschelet sam at westbranchresort.com
Thu Jan 6 16:46:57 EST 2005

> I'm trying to get Interchange working with apache/perl in a chrooted jail
> environment. Interchange works fine, but is unable to connect to remote
> services (payment gateways, shipping lookup, etc).
>
> I've got a simple perl script that attempts to connect to a remote web
> server and it returns the following error message:
>
> --- TRANSPORT ERROR ---
> 500 Can't connect to servername:80 (Bad protocol 'tcp')

I have run into this on a Windows box the problem was that the SYSTEMROOT
environment variable was not setup. I fixed theissue by putting
$ENV{"SYSTEMROOT"} = "C:\\WINNT"; in the head of my perl script.

I suppose that this isuue could be cross platform... hope this helps

Sam Batschelet
Web Developer
West Branch Resort

www.westbranchresort.com