[ic] manual overwrite of shipping charges

Duane Hinkley duane at dhwd.com
Fri Jan 7 19:20:20 EST 2005

Scott Andreas wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I would like to have an entry box in the admin order entry page that a
> sales person could enter a shipping price that would override the
> standard shipping price. I have serched the documents but I could find
> any info for such an over write
>
> Any help would be appreciated and shared
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott

Scott,

I've did it the hard way before, manually calculating it every place it
appears until I ran accross this gem on a client's site:

[assign salestax="0" shipping="[scratch ship_cost]"]

I don't know much about the tag, but it seems to work fine.  All calls
to the [shipping] tag afterwards returns the new cost.  I've never tried
it, but I bet you can call it leaving of the salestax option.

--

Sincerely,

Duane Hinkley
Down Home Web Design, Inc.