[ic] How are they doing this: ZipZoomFly.com checking Shipping and Billing Address

Gary Norton gnorton at broadgap.com
Tue Jan 11 17:53:10 EST 2005

Hi all,
I noticed on the checkout process for zipzoomfly.com they have the
following disclaimer in the Shipping Address section:

<snip>
Please note! Your shipping address cannot be a P.O.Box, APO, FPO, PR,
VI, or GU. In addition, your shipping address must be on file with your
credit card company, or your order will be delayed. This is to protect
you from credit card fraud. You can avoid a delay by calling your credit
card company immediately after placing your order, and having them add
the desired shipping address to your account.
<snip>

They are still allowing a different billing address, but appear to be
doing a separate AVS check on the shipping address.
All of our clients are using Authorize.Net and I have not seen an option
inside of their admin tool that allows for shipping check. Does anyone
know how they would be providing this service? Perhaps those with
different Gateways have this option?

I would like to find out how this is done because it would help out with
Fraud. Most of the fraud cases that our clients encounter are when the
shipping and billing address are different.

Thanks for any feedback you have,
Gary

--
Gary Norton