[ic] multiple COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE's ?

Josh - 185 Performance josh at 185performance.com
Wed Jan 12 19:52:30 EST 2005

Is there some restriction on using multiple COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE's for
the purpose of varying checkout required fields?

In ord/checkout.html I have two different shipping_address include
files, depending on what was ordered:
     include/shipping_address_individual
         and
     include/shipping_address_teamMember.

In etc/profiles.order, I have:

--------------------------------------
__NAME__                            shipping_address_individual

  __COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__

&fatal = yes
card=required Card Number (blank)
bday_month=required Birth Month (blank)
bday_day=required Birth Day (blank)
bday_year=required Birth Year (blank)
email=email

__END__

__NAME__                            shipping_address_teamMember

  __COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE_TEAM__

&fatal = yes
card=required Card Number (blank)
masterteamname=required Team Name (blank)
email=email

__END__

--------------------------------------

And in catalog.cfg, I've setup both profiles:

--------------------------------------
ifndef COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE
Variable COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE <<EOV
	fname=required
	lname=required
	card=required
	bday_month=required
	bday_day=required
	bday_year=required
	address1=required
	city=required
	country=required
	state=multistate
	zip=multizip
	&or phone_night=phone, phone_day=phone Must have day or evening phone
number
	email=required
EOV
endif

ifndef COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE_TEAM
Variable COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE_TEAM <<EOV
	fname=required
	lname=required
	card=required
	masterteamname=required
	address1=required
	city=required
	country=required
	state=multistate
	zip=multizip
	&or phone_night=phone, phone_day=phone Must have day or evening phone
number
	email=required
EOV
endif
--------------------------------------

The requirements for shipping_address_individual work, including my new
names: card, bday_month|day|year

What happens is that I get all of the requirements for
shipping_addess_individual in the shipping_address_teamMember area, and
the one team-specific requirement does not function: masterteamname.

Is it possible that I need something like this in catalog.cfg?

ifndef COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE
Variable COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE <<EOV
EOV
Variable COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE_TEAM <<EOV
EOV
endif

I'll give this last idea a shot and report back to the list.

--
Josh McClain
185 Performance