[ic] Adding onChange to field meta display info

Jeff Fearn jefffearn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 00:58:24 EST 2005

Hi, I am trying to add a javascript call for the onChange event to the
category field in the Admin interface item edit/create pages.

I am using drop down boxes to standardise the descriptions for items.
I have the drop downs in place and working fine, however the prod_code
and category fields are used in the description as well, so when they
are changed I need the description to be rebuilt.

I want to use the meta display info so that the functionality cascades
to all the locations these fields are edited, and so that minimal
changes are made to make upgrading easier.

Is it possible to add javascript to the actual HTML element via this interface?

Thanks, Jeff.