stable? - Re: [ic] Interchange 5.3.0 nightlies

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Mon Jan 17 01:38:02 EST 2005

Stefan Hornburg wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:26:46 -0500 (EST)
> Jon Shoberg <jon at shoberg.net> wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Mike Heins wrote:
>>

>>>Yes -- it is extremely compatibile. I use it routinely for new
>>>installations, and have hundreds-of-orders-per-day stores running on it.
>>>

>>Any guesses when this might be called a stable release?
>

> We are planning to release 5.3.1 in the next few weeks. The release date
> of 5.4.0 depends on our manpower on one hand and the test/bug reports
> we receive from you.
>
> Bye
> 	Racke

I don't know if this is a bug in 5.3.0 or its just me being stupid, but
for the life of me I can't get the menu that is presented on the fly
page to update even though I'm following basically the same procedure
for updating the product menu the visitor sees after adding new product
or removing products that I followed using 5.2.0.

1. add product
2. go to menus editor
    a. load menu with menu loader
    b. publish menu
3. go to miscellaneous
    a. click on Layout Editor Auto-populate
    b. choose "yes" for item #8 "Decide whether to remove previous
       settings:
    c. click on the populate button.
4. Apply changes.
5. Check the flypage for menu changes... No Joy!

Is there something different about the process from 5.2.0 to 5.3.0 that
I'm missing causing the menu "not" to be updated?

--
Mark