[ic] Price Discount help needed

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Thu Jan 20 12:15:10 EST 2005

Hi all,

I've got a problem I need some assistance with. I'd like to make product
discounts available on a client's storefront. I've been pouring over the
documentation and search the archives but I've yet to find any
information on the manner in which I'd like to implement this.

I'd like to be able to set a global discount percentage that needs only
to be changed or adjusted in one place per the request of the client.
Below is what I'd like to do in the catalog.cfg file:

PriceField      0
CommonAdjust    pricing:q2,q10,q25,q50,q100, products:price -20%
;:sale_price, ;$, ==:options

is this possible? In short what I need it to do is apply the 20%
discount on every item being displayed and placed into the shopping
cart. I've read how it can be done on a per-item basis by entering the
code for it on the product pages, the fly page and in the shopping cart,
however I'd really like to be able to do this globally so it only needs
to be changed in one place.

thanks,

--
Mark