[ic] Admin order entry failing - RESOLVED

Glenn McCalley techlist at bnetmd.net
Sat Jan 22 21:43:46 EST 2005

---------- s n i p --------------------
Well.
The problem turned out to be entering orders with a payment type of PO
without an existing user.  While wandering through profiles.order I noticed
an error message routine that issues "PO requires an existing user" or some
such and checked the store where I though we had UI order entry working and
they were all credit card.  So tried a PO and got the same error.

Don't know why that error message wasn't being issued - instead we were
getting a userdb create error which had me looking for a more technical
database error than an administrative reason.

Anyway we made 'em COD and they're flying through.  Makes the manager with
the 14 trays of mail orders happy happy and that's why we're all in
business.

Thanks to Ethan Rowe for suggestions.

Glenn.