[ic] mv_nextimage ?

Jonathan Clark jonc at webmaint.com
Sun Jan 23 19:17:25 EST 2005

> I'd like to name my product images according to the value of a field
> in the products table because I've been noticing a lot of traffic
> coming through:
>
> http://images.google.com
>
> I thought this out this morning, and as far as I can tell it's just
> not do-able without a function that is to images what mv_nextpage is
> to pages.  Otherwise, the separation between apache and IC is a
> problem.  Am I missing something?

Interchange is not normally used to serve regular images. Of course its
possible to do it, but will add a pile of cpu overhead to the server.

If you _really_ want this, my preference would be to make a script to go
through your products table, rename each image and update the filename field
at the same time.

That is assuming you want lots of extra bandwidth usage caused by people
stealing your images which is what I assume the image search is mainly used
for.

Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Clark