[ic] Usertag: table_organize question

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Jan 25 10:45:04 EST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Gary Norton wrote:

> I am working on updating my modules to validate against XHTML 1.0
> Transitional and want to make a change to the table_organize tag.
>
> Tags are case sensitive in XHTML so I need to change <TD> to <td> and </TD>
> to </td> (the embed function of table_organize requires the case differences
> in order to determine which code it should manipulate, and which code it
> should not).

You could just postprocess the final output to lowercase the HTML tags. At
the end of the sub, remove the "return $out . $postamble;" and put this
there:

     $out = $out . $postamble;
     $out =~ s:(</?TD>): lc($1) :eg;
     return $out;

That's untested, but the general idea should work.

> I tried to search for regex syntax on the "s:" notation (didn't know the
> proper terminiology, so results were sparce). It seems that this syntax is
> deprecated in favor of the s///s (I am making an assumption that the trailing
> "s" is for singleline).
[snip]
> Can anyone give  me a bit of help here on this? Have I made the correct
> assumptions about the s:::s syntax?

No, there's nothing deprecated about s::: -- it's just a different
delimiter. And the trailing "s" modifier is fine too. Read the "perlre"
manpage closely.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen