[ic] Red Hat updates cause IC to crawl

Sam Batschelet sam at westbranchresort.com
Tue Jan 25 17:46:01 EST 2005

>I recently updated my Red Hat Enterprise system with the following two
>updates:
>
>RHSA-2005:043-13  Updated kernel packages fix security vulnerabilities
>
>RHSA-2005:012-10  Updated krb5 packages fix security vulnerabilities
>
>Has anybody else seen this problem or have any ideas what may be causing
>the problem?

Well first thoughts are to check you load average with #uptime. Is the
system under heavy load from a possible exploit.  I ran into something like
this with a phpBB exploit which had a perl script eating up system
resources.   If you see heavy abnormal loads try running the #top command
and see whats running heavy.  Have you ran ping/tracert tests on the network
for slow downs.  I know this stuff seems obvious but you didn't give us much
to work with.

-Sam