[ic] mv_form_profile problems...

Tom Hodder tom at ecnow.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 19:27:06 EST 2005

Hi,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction with this little problem.

I have created a form which allows the customer to set their account
details mv_username and mv_password, plus set their shipping details on
the same form.

I have the form submitting against the userdb new_account function and
being rejected back to the page new_account.html when those values are
incorrectly set. However I want to run the whole form through a profile
called new_account_check, which should validate the inputted values
against __COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__ and then if that is successful, call
the userdb new_account function.

So I have the following form header;

[set NewAccount]
[if type=explicit compare="[userdb new_account]"]
mv_nextpage=[either][scratchd mv_successpage][or]ord/basket[/either]
[else]
mv_nextpage=new_account
[/else]
[/if]
[/set]

<FORM ACTION="[process]" METHOD=POST>
<input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_form_profile  VALUE=new_account_check>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_check VALUE=NewAccount>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_doit  VALUE=return>

... followed by the form which has all the requisite fields and a;
   <INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="[L]Create Account[/L]">
button at the bottom

and a profiles.order including this;

__NAME__                            new_account_check
&fatal = yes
mv_fail_href = new_account
 __COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__
email=email
__END__

with the
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_form_profile  VALUE=new_account_check>
included it just seems to redirect to the index page of the site,
without any processing, and without that form profile set it just does
the new_account userdb function.

Is what I am trying to do possible?

Thanks in advance.

Tom H.