[ic] Variable with ictag

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Jan 28 19:51:29 EST 2005

Quoting Scott Andreas (webteam at wes-state.com):
> hello users
>
> I'm trying to create a variable in the catalog.cfg with where the
> Variable has a tag associated with it.
> In catalog.cfg  I want...
>
> Variable MY_ID [if type=explicit  condition="[calc] $Scratch->{user} =~
> wsm [/calc]"] Phone_Bank [else] Phone_HQ[/else][/if]
>
> and then use for special routing
>
> Route phone __MY_ID__

That won't work.

> In the docs it says
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=iccattut14%2e03
> that I can use IC tags with a variable but this seem not to work

In a page or other context where tags are expanded, sure. But they
aren't expanded in this context.

> Any Ideas on what I need to do or suggestions

You can make the route expandable:

	Route  phone  expandable  1

But even then you need to work on your syntax, because only
the values of route members are expandable, not the keys.

--
Mike Heins

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry